The League of India welcomes unsolicited articles and blog posts. If you are interested in writing for us, please fill out the form below.
But before you do that, it would be helpful to read the following important notes:
- Please submit pitches and completed articles for consideration using the form below.
- Preference will be given to original analysis, but we will also consider commentary.
Please note that we only cover India. So, if there is no “India angle” to the story, chances are that we would not publish it.
- Commentaries (‘Opinion Pieces’) should range between 400 (minimum) and 800 (maximum) words, while analysis articles generally start at around 1200 words. For original reporting in particular, we recommend first pitching ideas to the editor.
- If you are attaching a complete article, please submit as a Word document rather than a PDF. We encourage the use of in-line hyperlinks for acknowledging sources.
- If you seek compensation, please indicate this clearly in your pitch, and whether the article has been published elsewhere. Any payment must be agreed by the editor in advance.
- Because of the very large volume of submissions we receive, we will contact you only if we feel able to accept your piece. If you do not hear from us within three business days, please feel free to submit your article to other publications.
- Please submit your article or pitch just once. Do not submit it to multiple editors.
It gives us immense pleasure to learn that you wish to share your thoughts with the larger world via League of India.