Connect with us

CHANGE ON THE GROUND

Govt Notifies ‘Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra’ Trust For Construction Of Ram Mandir In Ayodhya

The announcement came soon after the Union Cabinet gave its nod to set up a trust for the purpose.

Published

on

NEW DELHI: The government on Wednesday notified setting up of the trust for construction of the Shri Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, with its registered office in Delhi’s Greater Kailash Part – 1.

Also Read: A 500-Year-Old Civilisational Wound Gets An Assured Healing


Here is the list of the members of the trust:

In the notification, Home Ministry also said, the Uttar Pradesh government had already issued the allotment letter of a five-acre plot to the Sunni Waqf Board for construction of a mosque, as directed by the Supreme Court.

Earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi personally announced setting up of a trust for the construction of the temple in Ayodhya as directed by the Supreme Court in its landmark verdict in the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri structure case on November 9 last year.


He said that the trust has been named ‘Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teertha Kshetra‘.

I am happy to share with my fellow Indians that important decisions have been taken with regard to Ram Janmabhoomi. These are in line with the verdict of the Honourable Supreme Court of India. We have readied a scheme for the development of Ram Temple in Ayodhya. A trust has been formed, it is called ‘Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teertha Kshetra‘,” the Prime Minister said in the Lok Sabha.

The announcement came soon after the Union Cabinet gave its nod to set up a trust for the purpose.

Home Minister Amit Shah announced that there will be 15 trustees in the trust of which one will be a Dalit.

The government also fulfilled the direction of the Supreme Court to allot five acres of land to Sunni Waqf Board near Ayodhya.


A five-judge bench of the Supreme Court had in November ruled unanimously in favour of Ram Lalla. It said the entire disputed land spread over 2.7-acre will be handed over to a trust formed by the government, which will monitor the construction of Ram temple at the site. The court had asked the government to give 5-acre land to Sunni Waqf Board in Ayodhya for construction of a mosque.

The Uttar Pradesh government has issued allotment letter to Sunni Central Wakf Board, the Union Home Ministry said.

The land is in Dhannipur village in tehsil Sohawal in Ayodhya on the Lucknow highway, about 18 kilometres from the district headquarters, state government spokesperson Shrikant Sharma told reporters.

Continue Reading
Comments

CHANGE ON THE GROUND

Joint Military Commands By 2022, Separate Theatres For J&K And Maritime Threat: CDS Bipin Rawat

Theatre commands, which will include Army, Navy and Air Force personnel, will be out by 2022.

Published

on

NEW DELHI: The Western and the Eastern Command of the Indian Navy will be merged into a single command, to be called the Peninsular Command, and theatre commands will be rolled out by 2022, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Bipin Rawat said Monday as he outlined his military vision for India.

Noting that threats of another 2008 Mumbai-style attacks remain, Gen Rawat said the security of peninsular India should remain under one command.

Our plan is to create a Peninsula Command with the merger of Navy’s Eastern and Western Command. The area of the command is planned to start from Sir Creek area in west and Sunderbans in east and downwards,” he said speaking to reporters at South Block which houses his office in the capital.


A peninsula command under the Navy that will deal with maritime security should come in earlier as a directive for a study is expected to be out by March 31. “The study should be completed within three-four months and by the end of next year, the command under one naval commander should start functioning,” General Bipin Rawat said. Gen Rawat said the commands could vary from two to five commands.

By the end of the year, a study for theatreisation or joint commands will be in place. The study is to be completed within three months. By 2022, theatre commands should roll out. The number of theatre commands could vary from 2, 4 or 5,” Gen Rawat added.

The Navy chief will have operational control of the command, which will have “some” assets of both IAF and the Navy, said Gen Rawat, adding that the order for the implementation of the command will be issued by year-end.


As India’s first CDS, Gen Rawat is tasked with improving the integration between the three services.

He informed that a study has been ordered under the Air Force Vice Chief, on the Air Defence Command, which will be helpful in avoiding fratricides and timely implementation of orders in case of aerial attacks.

General Bipin Rawat added that the shape of different theatre commands would be clear after the studies to be ordered in this regard are completed.

He said India is looking at overseas bases for logistics.

Air Force To Lead New Air Defence Command: 


The Air Force will be the lead agency for Air Defence Command that has already been announced. By March 31, the study will be completed and the report should be ready by April 10. The implementation order for the air defence command is expected by year-end, Gen Rawat said.

All air defence assets, including the long-range surface-to-air missiles will come under this command. This would include the coast air defence too,” the CDS said. The move, Gen Rawat said, is to avoid any confusions, friendly fire and timely implementation of orders in case of aerial attacks.

He also said joint training, and uniformity in procurement procedures will be a key priority.

Theatre Commands By 2022:

Theaterisation means putting specific units of personnel from the three services — Army, Navy and Air Force — under a common theatre commander so they fight as a cohesive unit. Both the US and China follow a theatre command doctrine.

The study will look into several issues, such as having one command or two separate ones to tackle China — one East of Nepal and another West of Nepal, or whether the Northern Command could be split into two while keeping Jammu & Kashmir as a single unit.

The study will delve into all these issues. However, it is felt that Jammu and Kashmir should be a separate theatre, including the IB (International Boundary) part. Right now the LoC part comes under the Northern Command, but the IB part is under the Western Command,” he said.

We plan to complete the study by 2021 and start issuing directives. The aim is to start theatreisation by 2022,” he said.

There are about 19 military commands in the country and only two of them are tri-service commands – Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) and the Strategic Forces Command, which looks after nuclear assets.


It is felt that reducing the commands and making them function under one umbrella with representation from all three forces, depending on the region and threat assessment, will make the military more effective.

China and the USA function under this model, and there have been suggestions that the Indian military follows a similar tri-service command system.

Continue Reading

CHANGE ON THE GROUND

India Is The World’s First Country With 100% Digital Process For Haj 2020

Govt fulfilled the dream of “Ease of Doing Haj” for Indian Muslims: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.

Published

on

MUMBAI (Maharashtra): The Union Minister for Minority Affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has said that 100 per cent digital/online Haj process in India has fulfilled the dream of “Ease of Doing Haj” for the Indian Muslims. He was addressing a training of trainers programme for Haj 2020 at Haj House, in Mumbai today.

Naqvi said that the unprecedented reforms taken by the Modi Government have ensured that while on one hand, the entire Haj process has been made digital and transparent on the other hand Haj has become affordable.

He further said that making the entire Haj process 100 per cent digital/online has removed middlemen ensuring Haj pilgrimage become affordable in comparison to last several decades.


Even after removal of Haj subsidy, no additional financial burden has been put on the pilgrims, he added.

The Minister for Minority Affairs said that India has become the first country in the entire world which has made the entire Haj 2020 process 100 per cent digital. Online application, E-Visa, Haj mobile app, “E-MASIHA” health facility, “E-luggage pre-tagging” providing all information in India itself regarding accommodation/transportation in Makkah-Madinah have been provided to Indian Muslims going for Haj.

He further said that for the first time facilities have been provided for digital pre-tagging of the baggage of pilgrims. This will ensure the Indian pilgrims will get information in India itself about building along with the room allotted to the pilgrims and transportation like details of the bus to be taken by the pilgrims after reaching to the airport in Saudi Arabia, he added.

Naqvi said that even SIM card has been linked to a mobile app which will ensure Haj pilgrims immediately getting all the latest information regarding Haj in Makkah-Madina on their mobile phone.

While on one hand health card is being provided to Indian Haj pilgrims in the country, on the other hand, “E-MASIHA” (E-Medical Assistance System for Indian Pilgrims Abroad), an online system to create and maintain the complete health database of Indian pilgrims along with doctors’ prescriptions, medical treatment as well as medicine disbursals, has been developed to deal any emergency in Makkah-Madinah, he said.


Naqvi also said that Haj Group Organisers (HGOs) have also been connected with 100 per cent digital system which has ensured transparency in their functioning and it has also ensured better facilities to Indian Haj pilgrims.

For the first time, a portal of HGOs – http://haj.nic.in/pto/ (Portal for Haj Group Organisers) has been developed which contains all the details of HGOs, their packages etc.

The Minister for Minority Affairs said that the Indian Government, in coordination-cooperation with Saudi Arabian Government, Indian Consulate and various concerned agencies in Saudi Arabia, is working to ensure safety and better facilities, medical facilities for the pilgrims during Haj 2020.

He further said that in 2020, a total of 2 lakh Indian Muslims will perform Haj that too without any subsidy and about 1 lakh 23,000 Indians Muslims will go through Haj Committee of India and remaining through Haj Group Organisers.

This year more than 2100 Muslim women will go to Haj without “Mehram” (male companion), he added.

A total of 650 trainers participated in this training programme. They will provide training to Haj pilgrims in their respective states regarding Haj pilgrimage, accommodation in Makkah and Madina, transport, health facilities, safety measures etc.


These trainers include a large number of women trainers also.

Officials from Haj Committee of India, Customs, Air India, Brihan Mumbai Municipal Corporation, various banks, disaster management agencies and other departments informed the trainers about the entire Haj process.

On the occasion, Naqvi also inaugurated Civil Services Learning Centre, Guest Rooms, Training Hall etc in Haj House, Mumbai.

Continue Reading

AGENTS OF CHANGE

First Inter-City Electric Bus Service In Maharashtra Inaugurated By Nitin Gadkari

The 43-seater capacity bus, manufactured by Mitra Mobility Solution, runs 300 KM on a single charge.

Published

on

PUNE (Maharashtra): Union Minister for Transport, Highways, and MSMEs, Nitin Gadkari on Friday inaugurated the first inter-city electric bus service, between Mumbai and Pune in Maharashtra.

The 43-seater capacity luxury electric bus, manufactured by Mitra Mobility Solution, has a range of 300 kilometres on a single charge and would be operated twice daily between the two cities, the operator Prasanna Purple Mobility Solutions said.

The company, which claims to already have around 1,300 electric buses in operation, is also looking to extend these services in other parts of Maharashtra and adjoining states, it’s Chairman and Managing Director Prasanna Patwardhan told reporters.


“This new move in the electric vehicle space gives us yet another opportunity to serve our customers. We also plan to extend this service to other routes within Maharashtra and adjacent states,” Patwardhan said.

Speaking at the event Gadkari said his efforts in the last 4-5 years have been to see that electric buses run in large numbers on the country’s highways. He also said various corporations, state government corporations and private operators might order some 10,000 electric buses this year.

“We are also planning to build e-(electric) highways,” he said.


Recently, we had reported that the minister had urged industry players to join hands with the government for the proposed electric lane on Rs 1.03 lakh crore Delhi-Mumbai Expressway while promising to provide policy support to serious players.

“Indian investors should come forward for investing in electric lane stretch of the Delhi-Mumbai expressway to be built at a cost of Rs 1.03 lakh crore within three years,” the Minister had said while addressing a conference on ‘Developing a Roadmap for Low Carbon & Sustainable Mobility in India’ by FICCI.

The minister had also said that the government is ready to provide policy support to serious investors and also appealed them to come forward in the field of alternative fuel including bio-CNG and electric vehicles. This could cut India’s huge Rs 7 lakh crore crude imports, he said. Stressing on modern transport infrastructure, he said he will also take up the issue of electric highways during his ensuing visit to Sweden this month.

Continue Reading

Most Read This Month

error: Content on this news portal is protected!