Connect with us

Media and Entertainment

Deepika Has Freedom To Stand With Those Saying “Bharat Tere Tukde Honge”: Smriti Irani

Padukone earned bouquets and brickbats for her act of showing support (only) to leftist/Islamist JNU students.

Published

on

CHENNAI (Tamil Nadu): Union Cabinet Minister for Textiles and Women & Child Development Smriti Irani took a not-so-subtle dig at cinema actor Deepika Padukone for joining the protesting gathering of leftist students at the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in New Delhi.

While speaking at a conclave organised by The New Indian Express, Union Minister Smriti Irani said, “it’s Deepika Padukone’s freedom to stand next to people who say Bharat Tere tukde honge.”

It was not unexpected to us that she was going to stand with people who want the destruction of India. She sided with people who hit girls on their private parts with lathis. I can’t deny her that right. She made her political affiliation known in 2011 that she supports the Congress Party. If people are surprised by this, it is because they didn’t know. There were a lot of admirers of hers who have just discovered her position,” said the Minister.


Deepika visited JNU on Tuesday “to express solidarity with the students who were attacked by a masked mob inside the campus on January 5“, though she did not address the crowd.

The actress was seen standing behind JNU Students’ Union president Aishe Ghosh, who has been booked by police for leading a mob that had vandalised the server room of JNU.

Of course, while Deepika’s admiration for Rahul Gandhi is on record, this ‘trip’ to JNU was universally agreed upon as yet another PR stunt from the cinema industry for the promotion of a forthcoming film. As if any validation was required, Deepika’s pictures from JNU were shared to various media houses by a PR firm ‘Spice PR’:



She expectedly got rave admiration from all those who hate the BJP or the Narendra Modi-Amit Shah duo. What surprised many, however, is support from DG-ISPR of the Pakistan Army:

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

India Trends

Rajdeep Sardesai Apologises For ‘False Reporting’; Acquited By Hyderabad Court

The media anchor acquitted by a Hyd court after he issued an unconditional apology for false reporting on Sohrabuddin case.

Published

on

HYDERABAD (Telangana): Television anchor Rajdeep Sardesai and others were acquitted by a Hyderabad court in November last year after he issued an unconditional apology for reporting fake news on Sohrabuddin’s alleged encounter killing case.

The judgement on a person who has long been the leader of the media soldiers of the Congress and Left parties drew immediate and sharp responses from the BJP supporters:

In May 2007, Sardesai, then Editor-in-Chief of CNN-IBN, had run a program on the Sohrabuddin case titled ’30 Minutes – Sohrabuddin, The Inside Story’.


In the program, had alleged on live television that the IPS officer Rajiv Trivedi, a part of the Hyderabad Special Investigation Team (SIT) investigating the Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi’s encounter, had provided with fake number plates for transporting the two to Ahmedabad.

The following was stated in the program:

Police sources say Vanjara and Pandian nabbed Sohrabuddin and Kausar Bi in Bidar with the help from SP Rajiv Trivedi of the Hyderabad Special Investigation Unit…Rajiv Trivedi provided cars with fake number plates in which Sohrabuddin was brought to Ahmadabad and then killed in a fake encounter.”



A complaint was subsequently filed by the State of Andhra Pradesh against Sardesai and ten other reporters of CNN-IBN before a court in Hyderabad. It was alleged before the court that the report had tarnished the reputation of Rajiv Trivedi and was false, fabricated, and defamatory.

The respondents had sought a direction from the High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad to quash the case against them, but the plea was dismissed in April 2011. An SLP filed in the Supreme Court against this order was dismissed in May 2015. A plea to transfer the trial in the matter to Noida was also dismissed.

Issuing an unconditional apology to Trivedi, the affidavit filed by Sardesai on November 27 last year stated:

I realize that there is nothing to substantiate the allegation that Vanzara and Pandian nabbed Sohrabuddin and Kauserbi in Bidar with the help from SP Rajiv Trivedi of Hyderabad, Special Investigation Unit and hence it was a false news telecast about Shri Rajiv Trivedi, IPS.

I further submit that I also realise that there is nothing to substantiate the allegation that Rajiv Trivedi provided cars with fake number plates in which Sohrabuddin was brought to Ahmedabad and then killed in a fake encounter which news telecast by us about Shri Rajiv Trivedi, IPS was also false.”

– Rajdeep Sardesai in his affidavit filed in court

After taking the apology on record, Additional Metropolitan Sessions Judge, Hyderabad D Hemanth Kumar passed the order of acquittal on the very same day. The order states:

A1, A2, A5, A10 to A17 filed affidavits by tendering an unconditional apology to the complainant and he accepted the same. The same is recorded.


Crl.MP.No. 1782/2019 U/sec. 320(1) of Cr.P.C heard and allowed. Hence, A.1 A.2 A.5 and A10 to A11 are found not guilty for the offence U/sec. 500 of IPC and they are acquitted for the same U/sec. 320(8) of Cr.P.C. The bail bonds if any, shall stand cancelled.”

In December 2018, a Special CBI Court acquitted all the accused in the Sohrabuddin Encounter Case. Judge SJ Sharma observed that there was no substantial evidence to prove the charges of conspiracy and alleged fake encounter killings of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and Tulsiram Prajapati and the murder of Sheikh’s wife Kausar Bi.

An appeal against this verdict is pending before the Bombay High Court.

Continue Reading

Media and Entertainment

Renowned Cartoonist Sudhir Dar Dies At 87

Dar steered clear of satirising political developments and, especially, politicians.

Published

on

NEW DELHI: Renowned cartoonist Sudhir Dar whose works graced several newspapers in a career spanning 58 years, passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest. He was 87.

Dhar began his career with The Statesman in 1961 after which he moved to Hindustan Times. His cartoons have also appeared in The Independent, The Pioneer, Delhi Times, New York Times, Washington Post and Saturday Review among others.

Dar, a Kashmiri Pandit, was born in Allahabad in 1932 and he earned a Master’s in Geography from the University of Allahabad.


Even though his sketches were political in nature, Dar steered clear of satirising political developments and, especially, politicians. He was more focused on the state of affairs, bureaucracy, and corruption in India. In 2000, Dar retired to continue working as a freelancer.

He also illustrated his father Krishna Prasad Dar’s book, Kashmiri Cooking. Jayant Narlikar’s Journey Through the Universe also carried his cartoons.

Lately, he used to share cartoons from his popular columns such as Out of My Mind, Out of My Mind Again, This is It!, The Best of This is It! on his Twitter account.



A global celebrity in his own right, his popularity could be gauged from the fact that the Queen of England, British actor Richard Attenborough, Yehudi Menuhin and other celebrities around the world own his originals.

Continue Reading

Media and Entertainment

Amitabh Bachchan Completes 50 Breathtaking Years In Hindi Cinema

Saat Hindustani, the first movie of the phenomenon popularly known as Big B, was released on Nov 7, 1969.

Published

on

BHARAT: Amitabh Harivanshrai Bachchan, poora naam, completed 50 years in the Indian film industry today, November 7, 2019. On this day in 1969, the world had first had a glimpse of the phenomenon-to-be in the film Saat Hindustani, a film about seven freedom fighters fighting for Goa’s emancipation from the Portuguese. Marking the day, his son Abhishek Bachchan took to Instagram to pay homage to the legendary film personality:

UNFORTUNATELY, Amitabh, even as he continues to juggle several work commitments, has also had some health concerns recently. In his latest blog post, the actor went on to share how he is being treated by doctors. Calling them “messengers from heaven”, he wrote:

The tunnel at the NSSH (Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai) .. indeed several tunnels and some more probing with the meter in hand that sonographs .. a few on the side injectables .. at various locations on this mine field of a body .. some venus strips punctured and the fluids dripped in .. a few hard core instructions to follow .. and back to the grind, despite the stethoscope dressed messengers from heaven giving strong warnings of work cut off .. or else.”


Apparently, Amitabh had reportedly spent a few days at a Mumbai hospital around his birthday last month. While reports suggested he underwent regular medical checkups, the actor had himself requested the media and his fans to respect his privacy. He later cancelled a commitment in Dubai given his health status.

The 77-year-old star was announced as the recipient of the Dadasaheb Phalke award, Indian cinema’s highest honour for an artiste, in October this year.

Moses Sapir from Israel, perhaps one of the legendary actor’s biggest admirers from across the globe was one of the early ones to congratulate him on the day:

There are, of course, milions and millions of such fans across the globe. Fans like these:



Amitabh Bachchan (Filmography) was last seen in the South multi-starrer Sye Ra Narasimha Reddy, also starring Chiranjeevi, Nayanthara, Tamannaah Bhatia, Vijay Sethupathi, Sudeep and many more.

He will be next seen in Shoojit Sircar’s Gulabo Sitabo with Ayushmann Khurrana. He will also be appearing in Ayan Mukerji’s Brahmastra with Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, and Mouni Roy. Apart from this, he has Nagraj Manjule’s Jhund with Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar and Rumi Jaffery’s Chehre with Emraan Hashmi and Kriti Kharbanda, which will also be produced by him. The films are slated to release in 2020.

Mumbai Film Industry Reacts:

Continue Reading

Most Read This Month

error: Content on this news portal is protected!