COVID-19 Vaccination Update
More than 25.60 Crore vaccine doses provided to States/UTs; More than 1.17 crore doses still available with States/UTs to be administered
NEW DELHI: As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, the Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost.
In addition, the Govt. of India has also been facilitating direct procurement of vaccines by the States/UTs. Vaccination is an integral pillar of the comprehensive strategy of the Government of India for containment and management of the pandemic, along with Test, Track, Treat and COVID Appropriate Behaviour.
Implementation of the Liberalized and Accelerated Phase-3 Strategy of Covid-19 Vaccination has started from 1st May 2021.
Under the Strategy, every month 50% of the total Central Drugs Laboratory (CDL) cleared vaccine doses of any manufacturer would be procured by Govt. of India. It would continue to make these doses available to the State Govts totally free of cost as was being done earlier.
More than 25.60 crores (25,60,08,080) vaccine doses have been provided to States/UTs so far, through the Government of India (free of cost channel) and through the direct state procurement category.
Of this, the total consumption, including wastages is 24,44,06,096 doses (as per data available at 8 AM today).
More than 1.17 crore (1,17,56,911) COVID Vaccine doses are still available with the States/UTs to be administered.
Furthermore, more than 38 lakh (38,21,170) vaccine doses are in the pipeline and will be received by the States/UTs within the next 3 days.
COVID-19 Cases Update
- India’s Active Caseload further declines to 11,21,671
- Net decrease of46,281 in Active Casesin last 24 hours
- Less than 1 lakh cases for the 4th Day
- India reports91,702 new cases in the last 24 hours
- 2,77,90,073total Recoveries across the country so far
- 1,34,580patients recovered during last 24 hours
- Recoveries continue to outnumber the Daily New Cases for the 29th consecutive day
- Recovery Rate increases to 94.93%
- Weekly Positivity Rate currently at 5.14%
- Daily positivity rate at 4.49%, less than 10% for 18 consecutive days.
- Testing capacity substantially ramped up–37.42 cr tests total conducted
- 24.6 Cr. Vaccine Doses administered so far under Nationwide Vaccination Drive