Connect with us


GALLERY: Shahrukh – The Face Of Delhi Violence

The 33-year-old Mohammad Shahrukh, a resident of Shahdara, opened 8 rounds fire at Delhi Police.



Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


COVID-19: Nizamuddin Mosque Cordoned Off As 200 Develop Symptoms

This is the largest single group being tested at the same time over suspicion of Coronavirus.



NEW DELHI: TWO HUNDRED people in the Nizamuddin region of New Delhi have been taken to various hospitals after they showed signs of having COVID-19. All of them were staying in the vicinity of the Nizamuddin mosque. While 34 people were taken to hospitals on Sunday (29 March), about 150 were taken today (30 March).

Authorities zeroed in on the shrine complex after it was found to be the common factor between a patient who died in Srinagar and 11 Indonesians who tested positive in Hyderabad.

The official suspicion of a large group getting the infection revolved around the gathering of Tableeghi Jamaat preachers at Alami Markaz Banglewali Masjid in Nizamuddin in mid-March that featured visitors from Malaysia, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and Kyrgyzstan. There were 1,200 people from across the nation, mostly from south India, for the gathering at the mosque, which is the centre for the Tableeghi Jamaat in the capital.

A group of 30 people was taken for testing two days ago at a Delhi government hospital, and seven of them had tested positive. Since it is a densely populated area, it was decided that people should be taken for testing in batches,” an official of the Union health ministry told League of India.

2,000 Muslim followers are currently living in the mosque complex in the thickly-populated locality in south Delhi. They are staying in a six-floor dormitory — out of which, according to the police, 280 are foreigners.

Worryingly, many of the visitors travelled all over India after the event. After the gathering, they dispersed in 20-30 buses.

The religious preacher who died last week in Srinagar had visited the Deoband seminary in Uttar Pradesh before returning to Kashmir. A man who tested positive in Andhra Pradesh is also connected to this event.

Officials say contact-tracing is on to identify other virus-exposed persons in Delhi, Srinagar and Deoband.

In the worst-case scenario, this could lead to a huge jump in coronavirus cases in Delhi. There are close to 1,100 cases in the country, including 29 deaths.

Highest Authorities Take Very Serious View Of The Development:

The Tablighi Jamaat has been in the security agencies’ radar for yet another dangerous aspect:

Delhi Police has reported the potentially grave situation to the home ministry, the sources say.

The Delhi Police have sealed the entire area because they “cannot take any risk”.

A senior police officer said: “We cannot allow any person from that area to come out, as they may infect others. They have been quarantined.”

The officer added: “We are making constant announcements asking people to remain indoors, carrying out patrolling and are monitoring the movement through drones. The people have been told that they will face legal action if they violate the orders.”

According to another Union health ministry official, there are more than 1,000 people who may have come in contact with infected persons at the 10 March event.

“The infected persons met people, who then took buses back to their respective states. This is a difficult situation, which is why we are acting with great caution. People in this area should quarantine themselves to contain the spread further,” the official said.

Continue Reading


“Sneeze In Open, Spread The Virus,” Says Infosys Employee Who Is Now Fired, Arrested

He exhorted people to go out and sneeze in public with their mouths open in order to spread the coronavirus.



BENGALURU (Karnataka): The Indian IT major Infosys yesterday announced that it has terminated the services of an employee who had made a social media post encouraging people to ‘go out and sneeze’ in order to ‘spread the virus’.

The person, identified as Mujeeb Mohammad, is reportedly an employee of tech giant Infosys. As part of his description in a social media site, Mohammad is a senior technology architect at Infosys.

In a Facebook post, Mohammad wrote, “Let’s join hands, go out and sneeze with open mouth in public. Spread the virus.”

The Infosys official handle on Twitter said that the company had completed its investigation on the issue and found that the post made by the employee was against its code of conduct and ‘its commitment to responsible social sharing’.

“The person who put this post saying people should go out and sneeze and spread the virus has been detained. His name is Mujeeb. He works in a software company,” Bengaluru Joint Commissioner of Police Sandeep Patil said in a statement, adding an investigation is underway.

“He has been a resident of Bengaluru for around 25 years. A case has been registered against him,” Patil said.

Mujeeb was booked under Section 505 (making a statement which causes alarm or fear in public, and also inciting & provokes others) of the Indian Penal Code.

The Covid-19 pandemic has claimed 21 lives across the country and more than 800 people have now been infected by it. To curb the spread of the virus, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a nationwide, 21-day lockdown Tuesday.

Continue Reading


COVID-19: SHAHEEN BAGH Flock, A Criminal Health Hazard, CLEARED

Police have detained 6 women and 3 men for violating Section 144 prohibitory orders.



NEW DELHI: The Shaheen Bagh protest site, where hundreds of Islamists, largely elderly women, were stationed for several months for the agitation against Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA), has been cleared by Delhi Police personnel. Police have detained 6 women and 3 men from Shaheen Bagh for violating Section 144 prohibitory orders after they showed resistance to police action.

The eviction of protesters comes two days after Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced the national capital was going into a complete lockdown to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus, which has already claimed over 13,000 lives worldwide and is keeping the Indian establishment and health professionals on their toes.

In a communication on Monday, Delhi Police Commissioner S N Srivastava ordered that all border pickets in Delhi be sealed with “immediate effect”. All essential services will continue without any hinderance, he said.

On Sunday, police imposed prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) in Delhi till March 31 in view of the coronavirus outbreak, banning protests, and other gatherings. Section 144 of the CrPC bans assembly of four or more people in one place.

DCP South East said, “People at the protest site in Shaheen Bagh were requested today to clear the site as lockdown has been imposed. But after they refused, action was taken against violators as the assembly was unlawful. Protest site has been cleared. Some protesters have been detained.”


Continue Reading

Most Read This Month

error: Content on this news portal is protected!