Connect with us

DEFENCE-SECURITY

Indian Air Force Fully Prepared For Contingencies At LAC: IAF Chief

IAF has taken all necessary measures including increasing the patrolling in the area: IAF Chief

Published

on

HYDERABAD (Telangana): Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria today said the Indian Air Force is fully prepared for any contingency in the wake of the situation at the LAC.

Speaking to the media in Hyderabad following the combined passing out parade at Dundigal in Hyderabad, he said the IAF is not foreseeing any war. However, he added that the IAF has taken all necessary measures including increasing the patrolling in the area.

Stating that the sacrifices of the soldiers during the Ladakh face-off will not go in vain, he said their actions demonstrated the resolve to protect the sovereignty of the country.


China, the IAF Chief said, had breached all existing agreements at LAC. “All efforts are underway that the current situation is resolved peacefully. We are well prepared and suitably deployed to counter any situation,” he said.

He further said in spite of unaccepted Chinese action after agreements were reached during military talks and the resulting loss of lives, all efforts have been made to ensure that the current situation was resolved peacefully at Galwan Valley.

He made it clear that the forces are well-prepared and suitably deployed to respond to any contingency.


Earlier On June 18/19:

Responding to the continuing Chinese aggression, India has added Apache attack copters, Sukhoi fighter jets, infantrymen and tanks to defences along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

The IAF has moved the latest Apache attack 64 helicopters to Ladakh. The bases at Adampur and Pathankot are on alert and are doing patrolling. A navy surveillance plane, Boeing P8I, has been used to capture high-resolution imagery and videos. It can stream videos to war-rooms of the forces in Delhi.

A division of the Indian Army kept ready for contingency, has been acclimatised over the past two weeks for warfighting at more than 14,000 feet. Earlier, in the first week of May, the defences in Ladakh were bolstered by moving another division (some 15,000 troops).

Also, the 3rd Division of the Army, tasked for Ladakh under normal circumstances, is already there. Three divisions now form an arc and are ready to respond.


This comes in response to the massive buildup by China along the LAC opposite Indian positions in Depsang, Galwan, Hot Springs, north bank of the Pangong Tso, Koyul, Fukche and Demchok.

Continue Reading
Comments

DEFENCE-SECURITY

India Dismisses China’s Claims On Galwan As “Untenable, Unacceptable”

All infrastructure built by the Indian side is naturally on its own side of the LAC: MEA

Published

on

NEW DELHI:  In a terse, precise and categorical message to China, India has once again reiterated that Galwan Valley is historically its territory and New Delhi will not accept “untenable and exaggerated” claims by China with regard to Line of Actual Control (LAC).

The position with regard to the Galwan Valley area has been historically clear. Attempts by the Chinese side to now advance exaggerated and untenable claims with regard to Line of Actual Control (LAC) there are not acceptable. They are not in accordance with China’s own position in the past,” External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said on Saturday.

He said that the Indian troops are fully familiar with the alignment of the LAC in all sectors of the India-China border areas, including in the Galwan Valley. They abide by it scrupulously and the Indian side has never undertaken any actions across the LAC. In fact, they have been patrolling this area for a long time without any incident.


On Friday, Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian released a statement that gave Beijing’s “step by step” version of the events which led to the Galwan valley face-off of June 15. India has said that 20 of its soldiers were killed, while around 76 were injured in the physical hand-to-hand fight with Chinese troops on Monday night.

The Chinese document reiterated China’s recent claim over the whole Galwan valley, but it also accused India of violating the understanding reached on June 6 among senior commanders that Indian patrols “would not cross the estuary of the Galwan river”.

Responding sharply to the statement by the Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian on Friday on the events in the Galwan Valley area, Srivastava gave a detailed account of the incident.


The MEA official said that since early May 2020, the Chinese side has been hindering India’s normal, traditional patrolling pattern in this area which had resulted in a face-off that was addressed by the ground commanders as per the provisions of the bilateral agreements and protocols.

Subsequently in mid-May, the Chinese side attempted to transgress the LAC in other areas of the Western Sector of the India-China border areas. These attempts were invariably met with an appropriate response from us. Thereafter, the two sides were engaged in discussions through established diplomatic and military channels to address the situation arising out of Chinese activities on the LAC…We do not accept the contention that India was unilaterally changing the status quo. On the contrary, we were maintaining it,” the MEA spokesperson said.

He added that the senior commanders met on June 6, 2020, and agreed on a process for de-escalation and disengagement along the LAC that involved reciprocal actions.

However, the Chinese side departed from these understandings in respect of the LAC in the Galwan Valley area and sought to erect structures just across the LAC. When this attempt was foiled, Chinese troops took violent actions on June 15, 2020, that directly resulted in casualties,” he added.

The Spokesman said, the two sides are in regular touch and early meetings of military and diplomatic mechanisms are currently being discussed.


Referring to telephone conversation between External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on June 17, Srivastava said the EAM conveyed India’s protest “in the strongest terms on the events leading up to and on the violent face-off on June 15, 2020“.

Continue Reading

DEFENCE-SECURITY

NAMES Of The 20 HEROES Who Made The Supreme Sacrifice At LAC

The Indian Army has released the names of 20 soldiers killed in action in Monday’s India-China border clash in Ladakh.

Published

on

NEW DELHI: The Indian Army has released the names of the 20 soldiers killed in the clash with Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on Monday night. The Army initially said on Tuesday that an officer and two soldiers were killed. But in a late evening statement, it revised the figure to 20.

Here is the list of names released by the Indian Army:

1. Col B Santosh Babu


2. Nb Sub Nuduram Soren

3. Sb Sub Mandeep Singh

4. Nd Sub Satnam Singh


5. Hav K Palani

6. Hav Sunil Kumar

7. Hav Bipul Roy

8. Nk Deepak Kumar

9. Sep Rajesh Orang


10. Sep Kundan Kumar Ojha

11. Sep Ganesh Ram

12. Sep Chandrakanta Pradhan

13. Sep Ankush

14. Sep Gurbinder

15. Sep Gurtej Singh

16. Sep Chandan Kumar

17. Sep Kundan Kumar

18. Sep Aman Kumar


19. Sep Jai Kishore Singh

20. Sep Ganesh Hansda

While China has not yet talked about the number of casualties suffered by the People’s Liberation Army during the clash, sources said citing US intelligence reports said there were 35 casualties on the Chinese side.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday convened an all-party virtual meet on June 19 to discuss the situation on the India-China border:

In order to discuss the situation in the India-China border areas, Prime Minister @narendramodi has called for an all-party meeting at 5 pm on 19th June. Presidents of various political parties would take part in this virtual meeting,” the PMO tweeted.

Monday’s clash between Indian and China is the biggest military confrontation in over five decades that has significantly escalated the already volatile border standoff between the two.

Continue Reading

DEFENCE-SECURITY

20 Indian, 35-43 Chinese Troops Dead In Worst Border Clash In 53 Years

It is the first bloody clash in decades and an event with the potential to spark more violence.

Published

on

NEW DELHI: Indian Army has said that it is firmly committed to protecting the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation as, in an official statement, it said that 20 Indian troops, including a Commanding Officer (CO) attained martyrdom in a bloody physical clash with a far-outnumbering Chinese group in the Galwan Valley area on Monday night.

The official statement by the Indian Army

The last deaths at the LAC were in 1975 when an Indian patrol was ambushed by Chinese soldiers in Arunachal Pradesh. A violent clash between the two sides on the border had taken place at Nathu La in 1967, where India had given a bloody nose to the Communist nation by killing 340 of its troops at the place.

The number of casualties on the Chinese side is reported in the range with a high of 43 (ANI Tweet) and 35, as per  ‘U.S. News’ that said, “sources in the American intelligence believes 35 Chinese troops died, including one senior officer“.


The clashes were triggered by an argument over the position of Chinese soldiers who were erecting a new post on the southern bank of Galwan river in a ‘buffer zone’ – a no-man’s land.

In the fight, some soldiers either fell or were pushed into the river, officers said. Some bodies were recovered from the river while others had signs of being brutalised. A few soldiers died of hypothermia.

Earlier in the day it was reported that during the de-escalation process, one officer and two soldiers were martyred:


Later in the night, the army sources informed that the seventeen Indian troops who were critically injured in the line of duty at the standoff location and exposed to sub-zero temperatures in the high altitude terrain have succumbed to their injuries.

The country who hid the origin of the Wuhan Virus and the resulting casualties, it was only natural to not mention the casualties at the hands of its enemy army. However, it did feel forced to accept the losses via the editor of the government mouthpiece ‘The Global Times’:

As per US News report (cited earlier), according to the U.S. assessment, the Chinese government considers the casualties among their troops as a humiliation for its armed forces and has not confirmed the numbers for fear of emboldening other adversaries, the source says.

Chinese state media described the incident Monday night in the Galwan River valley where both countries have deployed troops in recent weeks as “the most serious clash between Chinese and Indian soldiers so far,” confirming casualties but offering no further details about them.

Continue Reading

Most Read This Month

error: Content on this news portal is protected!